Set A: Early Number Sense - Numbers 1 to 10
Availability: In Stock
Set A Contents
- Experimenting With Numbers – Teacher's Guide
- Structural Arithmetic I – Teacher's Guide (order student workbook separately)
Pocket-sized Flip Books for teachers
- The Counting Board Pocket Guide for Teachers
- The 10-Box Pocket Guide for Teachers
- The Pattern Boards Pocket Guide for Teachers
- Counting Board with blocks and markers
- Two sets of Number Markers including symbols +, - , =
- Pattern Boards
- 100 1-blocks (single cubes, several colors)
- 50 Green 1-blocks (single cubes)
- 10-Box Filled with Number Blocks
- Number Boxes 1-9
- Equation Template
Teachers use the materials along with the teacher's guide Experimenting with Numbers. The guide is full of games that make the discovery of number sense exciting and fun. The guide is arranged with three consecutive levels. In Level 1 children make experiments with the blocks without using any of the number names or symbols. In Level 2 the number names are introduced. Children become familiar with the ordinal and cardinal properties of numbers, as well as learning oral addition. In Level 3 the number symbols 1 to 10 are taught and children learn how to let number symbols stand for blocks and patterns. Children learn to record their discoveries with number symbols in the form of markers, allowing them to arrange arithmetic equations before they are able to write the number symbols.
The kindergarten teacher uses the materials along with Structural Arithmetic I: Teacher's Guide. The manual has a lesson that is coordinated with each page in the student workbook (Structural Arithmetic I: Student Workbook must be ordered separately.) The lessons cover the writing of numbers, addition and subtraction, including the opportunity for students to record their discoveries in writing, as well as, the solving of problems.
We've increased the value of Set A by including three pocket-sized flip books of the most popular games from Experimenting with Numbers! These spiral-bound books give teachers a quick start to teaching with Stern Structural Arithmetic. Also newly included is the Equation Template for young children.
All the items from each of the sets can be ordered separately.